Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 31, 2010

Friendship Shouldn’t Be A Punishment

“Hey where are you going?” “To get a coffee.” “Can I come?” “Where were you on Friday?” “I was out with Mario.” “Why didn’t you call me?!” “Because it didn’t involve you.” “You wanna go to wasaga this weekend?” “I already have plans.” “With who? Why wasn’t I invited? I’m your friend I should be invited to do these things, you would know if you were a good friend.”

Do you constantly go through the same conversations with a crazy friend who lingers around the whole time? If you do, then I hope that you feel my pain. It’s the most annoying thing in the whole wide world. Not only are you friends with an annoying person, but they direct all of their annoyingness on you!

Is it such a crime to have other friends? It shouldn’t be. I’m sorry for not wanting to hang out with the same person who always complains about not knowing when things are going on. I just want some peace and quiet sometimes. What’s even worse, is when you aren’t with them, they text you like crazy or keep messaging you through every single form of communication; facebook, blackberry messenger, msn, email.. Whatever it takes- they do.

Friendship is a choice, but in some situations, you have known the person so long that you can’t leave them this far into the game; friendship should be a choice, but instead it seems more like a jail sentence or a form of community service.

The advice which I give someone who is experiencing the same problems with a lingering, demanding psycho friend is:

CUT THEM LOOSE WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE, OR YOU WILL BE STUCK BEING MISERABLE YOUR WHOLE SENIOR YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment